Portsmouth's unlikely relegation escape bid is well and truly alive after their remarkable 4-2 win at West Ham lifted them to within four points of safety. Pompey followed up their last-gasp victory over Manchester City last weekend by blowing away a weakened West Ham with three goals in the first half. Harry Redknapp's first return to Upton Park since leaving as manager nearly five years ago began superbly with Lomana LuaLua giving Pompey the lead in the 18th minute, tapping home at the far post from Matthew Taylor's left-wing cross. It got better six minutes later when Brian Priske's right-wing cross fell to Sean Davis and he fired home from close range. Pedro Mendes' 22-yard strike made it 3-0 just before half-time and although Teddy Sheringham pulled one back in the 69th minute former Hammer Svetoslav Todorov stabbed home the fourth to secure victory despite Yossi Benayoun's late strike. At the other end of the table Arsenal moved back into the top four after a 3-0 victory over Charlton at Highbury. Robert Pires sidefooted home in the 13th minute after Thierry Henry had broken clear on the left of the penalty area. Emmanuel Adebayor made it 2-0 in the 32nd minute when he held off a challenge to stab home Arsenal's second. Four minutes after half-time Alexander Hleb broke from the halfway line and although he lost possession in the penalty area it came back to him and he fired home the third. Ten-man Blackburn kept up the pressure on the Gunners with a 3-2 victory over Middlesbrough at Ewood Park. Craig Bellamy curled home a left-footed shot in the 11th minute but five minutes later Mark Viduka equalised with the Blackburn defence napping. Rovers went ahead again in the 28th minute when Morten Gamst Pedersen's inswinging right-wing free-kick missed everyone in the penalty area and went in at the far post. Robbie Savage was sent off 10 minutes into the second half for two yellow cards within as many minutes and Boro took full advantage to equalise through Fabio Rochemback. However, Bellamy snatched the points in the 68th minute. Bolton, also challenging for a Champions League place, took 47 minutes to break down a stubborn Sunderland in their 2-0 victory at the Reebok Stadium. After dominating the first half Kevin Davies finally broke the deadlock just after the re-start and Kevin Nolan wrapped things up with five minutes to go. Manchester United Striker Louis Saha fully justified Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to pick him ahead of Ruud van Nistelrooy by scoring both goals in the 2-1 defeat of West Brom. The Frenchman rose unchallenged to meet Ryan Giggs' right-wing corner and head home unchallenged in the 16th minute. He added a second by firing home from Cristiano Ronaldo's 63rd-minute pass and Nathan Ellington's 78th-minute header was not enough for the Baggies. Wigan midfielder Lee McCulloch scored the only goal, heading home Jimmy Bullard's 55th-minute corner, to beat Manchester City at Eastlands. England goalkeeper David James had kept City in the game at half-time with a great save from Gary Teale. Everton recorded their sixth successive home victory with a comfortable 4-1 win over Aston Villa. First-half goals from James McFadden, Tim Cahill and Leon Osman put the match out of Villa's reach and although 19-year-old Gabriel Agbonlahor, on his senior debut, pulled one back before Cahill's 90th-minute strike completed the rout.