Hutton was sent packing during Tuesday night's second round Champions League qualifier after picking up two cautions within 60 seconds. Rangers scraped a 2-0 win ahead of next week's second leg in Montenegro - thanks to goals from Weir and Lee McCulloch - and Hutton immediately apologised to his team-mates after the match for his dismissal midway through the second half. But Weir disagreed with what he believed was a hard-line approach from Greek referee Georgios Kasnaferis, insisting the young full-back was unfortunate to see red, after he followed up his first caution with another for encroachment at a free-kick. "To be fair to him, he did apologise," said Weir. "But he doesn't need to apologise, I don't think it's necessary. "Alan has had the right intentions. There was no malice or nastiness and I think it was very harsh on him. "I thought he was a bit unlucky. To get two yellow cards as quick as that for next to nothing on both occasions was unlucky. "The referee makes his decisions based on what he sees but, if I was Alan, I would feel very unlucky. "It was tough for us to play a good half-hour with 10 men, which you have to put into the equation." Zeta - competing in the Champions League for the first time in the club's history - overcame favourites FBK Kaunas in the last round but were rank outsiders to defeat Rangers. However, the Ibrox side made hard work of their victory and Weir admits the tie is far from over ahead of next week's trip to Montenegro. He said: "We are not comfortable by any manner of means. There is still a lot of work to be done. There is still a lot left in the tie and they will think they have a chance. "They have players with ability who can cause us problems so we know we have to perform over there or we will be in trouble. "I don't think the performance was as good as we wanted but the result, which is the most important thing, was acceptable. "We are not kidding ourselves on that the performance was good enough but sometimes you just have to grind them out. "It would have been nice to finish the tie off tonight but we've given ourselves a chance." A stroke of luck led to Weir's opener after 54 minutes when he lobbed an opportunistic ball into the box, which was missed by both Jean-Claude Darcheville and goalkeeper Sasa Ivanovic on the line, and trundled into the back of the net. Darcheville celebrated as though the goal was his own and was credited with the strike by the Ibrox stadium announcer, who also attributed McCulloch's 72nd minute goal to Nacho Novo. Weir insists there is no doubt over the identity of the goalscorers but does admit Rangers were fortunate to see the net bulging on both occasions. "There is not any dubiety as far as I'm concerned," he said. "Darche said to me that he didn't touch it and that's good enough for me. It's the same situation with Lee - Nacho didn't touch it. "There is no doubt there was a little bit of luck involved in the goals but sometimes you need it, sometimes that's a good sign. "We've worked hard this pre-season and we've come together as a group. Sometimes that little bit of luck is what makes the difference."